Television is full of romance, and not just fake-reality shows like "The Bachelor." Some of history's most romantic couples have been TV characters.
Here's a list of the TV's 15 top couples. Every show but "Big Love" is still airing (either in first-run or repeats), and all are available on DVD.
15. Leslie and Ben » (Amy Poehler and Adam Scott) "Parks and Recreation." Ben must REALLY love Leslie, because it can't be easy.
14. Rob and Laura » (Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore) "The Dick Van Dyke Show." Rob was the perfect husband; Laura the perfect wife.
13. Snow White and Prince Charming » (Ginnifer Goodwin and Josh Dallas) "One Upon a Time." They aren't living happily ever after, but star-crossed lovers are more entertaining.
12. Bill and Barb and Nicki and Margene » (Bill Paxton, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Chloe Sevigny andGinnifer Goodwin) "Big Love." One husband, three wives and lots of lovin'.
11. Derek and Meredith » (Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo) "Grey's Anatomy." It took forever, but these two finally made the match.
10. Homer and Marge » (Dan Castellaneta and Julie Kavner) "The Simpsons." Sure, Homer is a lout. But he and Marge are still in love after all these years.
9. Sam and Diane » (Ted Danson and Shelley Long) "Cheers.
8. Buffy Summers and Angel » (Sarah Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz) "Buffy the Vampire Slayer." He was a vampire, she was a vampire slayer, but their love was undying. Until he got his own show.
7. (tie) Ross and Rachel » (David Schwimmer and Jennifer Aniston) "Friends."
7. Chandler and Monica » (Matthew Perry and Courteney Cox) "Friends." We knew Ross and Rachel would end up together; but Chandler and Monica falling in love was a surprise.
6. Jim and Pam » (John Krasinkski and Jenna Fischer) "The Office." We rooted for them to get together; now we're rooting for them to stay together.
5. Morticia and Gomez » (Carolyn Jones and John Astin) "The Addams Family." Arguably TV's most passionate couple.
4. Marshall and Lily » (Jason Segel and Alyson Hannigan) "How I Met Your Mother." These two are perfect for each other.
3. Maddie and David » (Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis) "Moonlighting." Their love-hate relationship was great - until they got together. Sigh.
2. J.D. and Turk » (Zach Braff and Donald Faison) "Scrubs." J.D. and Turk's bromance was a thing of beauty.
1. Lucy and Ricky » (Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz) "I Love Lucy." The characters' romance still works half a century later.