Las Vegas Comic Expo will again unite the comic book and pop-culture community's huge and diverse audience of fans, creators and retailers together in one of the most renowned and unforgettable cities in the U.S.
Charles Lee, organizer of Las Vegas Comic Expo, has proclaimed that "Las Vegas has widely been known as an ideal destination for conventions, and since last year, Vegas has proven to be a city capable of holding comic book and pop culture themed convention events.
Las Vegas Comic Expo will again feature artist demonstrations, panel discussions and the always entertaining cosplay costume contest. Likewise, there will be vendors, artists, and writers in the exhibitor halls for fans to obtain autographs, art, toys, comic books, statues, and other rare collectibles. Not limited to comic books, this is a pop culture event similar to the ones held in other major cities such as New York, Seattle, Chicago, Boston, Orlando, Los Angeles, and San Diego, where the hip to be square celebrate its chic to be geek.
Fan boys and girls of entertainment like Star Wars, Star Trek, Hunger Games, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Twilight, Walking Dead, and Dr. Who will converge in Las Vegas for an entertaining event.
Exclusive collector items will be available at Las Vegas Comic Expo. This is just the icing on the cake for a comic-book and pop culture convention that will welcome thousands of attendees to the Riviera Hotel located right on the strip at 2901 Las Vegas Boulevard South in Las Vegas, just minutes away from the Las Vegas airport.
This affordable and fun convention will feature a wide variety of family-friendly and pop-culture must-see happenings including:
- Comic Artist Alley featuring a multitude of beloved comic book creators from around the World including Mark Brooks, Joe Benitez, Jim Cheung, Whilce Portacio, Gerry Conway, Brian Pulido, Jaime and Gilbert Hernandez (the Hernandez brothers), Stephane Roux, Ryan Sook, Dean Yeagle, Carlo Pagulayan, Ale Garza, Agnes Garbowska, Brian Buccellato, Kenneth Rocafort, Philip Tan, Nei Ruffino, Eric Basaldua (EBAS), Joe Benitez, Glen Brunswick, Joel Gomez, Marat Mychaels, Jorge Molina, Stephen Segovia, Jay Anacleto, Brian Haberlin, Cat Staggs, and lots more.
- Media guests: Kristin Bauer (True Blood), Sylvester McCoy (Dr. Who, The Hobbit), Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk, Celebrity Apprentice) and more to come….
- Gaming, including HeroClix, Magic, and other popular trading card games.
- Cosplay. Tons of people dressing up as their favorite comic book/sci-fi/fantasy/anime characters, with the climax being a Saturday night costume contest and a Sunday afternoon children's costume contest.
- Panel discussions, autograph signings and meet & greet opportunities with your favorite guests.
- Sunday Fun Day (Kid's Day) events.
“We hope to continue to provide a fun, vibrant atmosphere that brings together the people who love and drive the thriving community of comics - the fans, the retailers and the professional creators - for a unique entertainment experience that will bring them back year after year,” said Charles Lee, organizer for the Las Vegas Comic Expo.
Las Vegas Comic Expo (A Comic Book, Entertainment & Pop Culture
Riviera Casino & Hotel
2901 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Saturday – September 28, 2013 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Sunday - September 29, 2013 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Open to all ages. A family friendly event
$25 Daily Admission $45 Weekend Pass
Confirmed Celebrity guests include…
Kristin Bauer (True Blood)
Sylvester McCoy (Dr. Who, The Hobbit)
Lou Ferrigno (The Incredible Hulk, Celebrity Apprentice)
Discounts for advance ticket purchase, prepaid ticket holders allowed early entry
Children 8 years and under free with paid adult ticket (limit 2 children per paid adult).
To purchase tickets or access a complete guest list, program guide, and exhibitor information, please go to lasvegascomicexpo.com Check the website often for updates and new guests.