A relaxing, romantic beach holiday is the most popular form of vacay for American lovebirds, followed by city breaks and island escapes.
That's according to 5,000 US respondents in a TripAdvisor survey that looked at how couples plan to celebrate their nuptials, anniversaries and love for each other in 2014.
The majority of respondents — 61 percent — said they plan to hit the beach or the ocean as part of their vacation plans, while 39 percent said they plan to take in some culture and shopping in a big city.
About a quarter of respondents said they're off for an island getaway.
San Francisco also emerged the most popular domestic destination for couples, followed by Las Vegas, Honolulu, New York City and Miami.
San Francisco enjoys a solid reputation, as it was named the most charming city in a separate Hotels.com survey that was also released this week.
Meanwhile, if you're single, head over to Sin City — land of bachelor and bachelorette parties and graveyard of inhibitions — as Las Vegas was named the best city for the unattached. Rounding out the top five cities for singletons are New York City, Miami, Chicago and Los Angeles.
And if you haven't made any Valentine's Day plans yet, consider booking a stay at theHonor Mansion Sonoma County Wine Country Resort in Healdsburg, California, which took the top spot in the top 10 most romantic hotels in the US.
Here are the top 10 most romantic hotels in the US:
1. Honor Mansion, A Wine Country Resort, Healdsburg, California
2. Desert Riviera Hotel, Palm Springs, California
3. Bardessono, Yountville, California
4. Hotel California, Palm Springs, California
5. Adobe Grand Villas, Sedona, Arizona
6. Marquesa Hotel, Key West, Florida
7. Alhambra Beach Resort, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
8. Olea Hotel, Glen Ellen, California
9. Koa Kea Hotel & Resort, Poipu, Hawaii
10. Orchid Key Inn, Key West, Florida